Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mummy, I want a pony for my birthday

It's been a crazy ride lately.  I left Mike and Julia's last Monday and went to Galway for a couple of days.  It is an absolutely beautiful town and I really enjoyed just walking around and enjoying the city.  On Wednesday I went to Cork in preparation for flying to London Thursday.  I met a very nice French-Canadian girl at the hostel Wednesday night.  We went out and celebrated with the rest of Ireland that evening leading up to St. Patrick's Day Thursday.  Thursday morning we went into the city center and wandered around the market there.  Then we watched the parade which I have to say was very unique....

I have been trying to write this blog entry for awhile, but things just keep coming up that sound like more fun.  Sorry to all of you who are wanting to hear about what I am up to but you will have to wait.  London is amazing, completely due to the people here.  I came to visit my friend Rachel who I met in France.  The thing I had not totally planned on is that her house mates (Shing, Tom, and Rex) are also totally awesome.  One of the things that you seem to forget about while travelling is how lonely it can get.  I was very lucky to have my friend Heidi while I was in Ireland for the first six weeks and now I have these four.  Just being around friends makes a huge difference.  As anyone who has met me can attest, I am rather easy to get along with.  I over share, which in this case is good because I let people in easily.  The thing I find when travelling is that unless you find people that can also let you in it's very lonely.  Where I am right now I feel like I have friends and am closer to home.

Anyways, enough with that sappy crap.  I have become a hermit recently and am relishing all that comes with it, i.e. the slovenly behaviors and copious amounts of time spent watching "Glee".  I ventured out this past Saturday with the house and we visited a prison and pirate ship, ending the outing with a trip to a cheese and wine festival.  Altogether a most excellent adventure.  The evening was topped off with a party making it quite a glorious day.  Now I have retreated to a life of waking up after eleven and eating potatoes.  This behavior cannot last forever, unfortunately, so I am venturing out again tomorrow.  I have a good friend from Quaker Camp (FGC) named Kieren living in London and we are going for breakfast.  I shall then walk into Bravissimo and die of sheer delight.  I am predicting a most excellent adventure!!  Well that's all for now, but I shall leave you all with many new pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment